Vigo County Membership Infomation
MORE THAN A GYM
The Y aims to improve the community's health and well-being by providing programs and activities that promote wellness, reduce risk for disease and help others reclaim their health. These programs and everything else the Y does are in service of making us—our Ys and our communities—better. The result is a country that values health and communities that support healthy choices.
Serving families has always been at the heart of the Y. We are a place where you can find respite from social, economic and educational challenges, and learn how to overcome them. We have a fundamental desire to provide opportunities for every family to build stronger bonds, achieve greater work/life balance and become more engaged with their communities.
Whether you’re new to the community or simply want to pursue a new hobby, the Y brings together people who love to learn. Whether you want to cook new dishes, join a Bible study, create pottery or speak a new language—you’ll learn right alongside others from your community who share your interests.
VALUE OF A YMCA MEMBERSHIP!
We’re a community. Here, surrounded by friends as well as by caring, knowledgeable staff, you can nurture your spirit, mind and body in ways you never imagined. But since that’s a little hard to quantify, here are some other great benefits to being a Y member:
- Unlimited access to two state-of-the-art YMCA membership branches in Clay and Vigo Counties
- Child care in our ChildWatch while you are exercising for just $10/month
- Connect with other members
- Free participation in hundreds of group exercise classes like Power Pump, Cycle & Core, Zumba® and Aquatics - every week for every fitness level!
- Free participation in the Taking on Obesity (TOO) program including nutritional guidance, personalized fitness planning, group support and more
- Professionally trained staff support at every phase of your Y experience
- Member rates on family programs, youth and adult sports, swim lessons, day camps, and so much more!
- With a Y membership you also have the option to use any participating YMCA in Indiana through the state reciprocity program.
- Invitations to free community and family social events such as Breakfast with Santa
- Monthly Parent’s Night Out events, where you can enjoy an evening with adults while your kids are having fun at the Y
- Youth fitness classes such as dance and tumbling