COVID-19 PUBLIC UPDATE FOLLOWING SCHOOL CLOSINGS
Dear members, partners and program participants of the YMCA of the Wabash Valley,
The global outbreak of COVID-19 continues to warrant the attention of each and every one of us as we work to keep our members, staff, and program participants safe and healthy. While we have no cases of COVID-19 in our community and facility at this time, there are confirmed cases in Indiana.
Ensuring health and safety now means taking actions that aim to limit exposure to the virus by
generally elevating preventive hygiene practices at our building and remote locations and
preparing for additional actions that could be necessitated in the coming weeks and months.
With the new information of schools closing through spring break, the YMCA has decided to suspend all youth programs including before and after school care, child watch, kids night out, youth sports, spring break camp, and school is out Y is in. YMCA hours will remain the same, and adult sports and group exercise classes will be offered per normal. This is subject to change as the situation continues to evolve.
In the meantime, we ask everyone in our community to follow the CDC recommendations for
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to
the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household
cleaning spray or wipe.
• If using exercise equipment at the Y, wipe down the equipment before and after use.
Our number one priority is to provide a safe, healthy and welcoming experience for all people who walk through our doors or use our services. If you have any questions about YMCA membership, programs or services, please feel free to contact the Clay (812-442-6761) or Vigo (812-232-8446) County YMCAs. Please continue to follow our social media sites and www.ymcaswv.org for regular updates.
Thank you for your continued support.
CEO, YMCA of the Wabash Valley